I’m Heidi Eliason, an experienced writer, consultant, and freelance editor with years of experience and an affinity for getting down in the weeds. That means I am detail-oriented and nitpicky. That’s what you need in an editor, someone with a keen eye who will catch those small—and large—errors you might miss. I will give your work a thorough review and suggest corrections and improvements while keeping your voice and ideas intact. Best of all, I’ll do it in a kind and positive manner, because I know what it’s like to pour your heart and soul into writing a book, and how tender we can be about what we create.
I have a variety of writing and editing experience including:
- Writing, publishing, and marketing a book.
- Editing multiple books for Authority Publishing, PublishingSMITH, and independent authors.
- Researching and writing more than 50 articles for a national news source.
- Producing web pages, blog posts, press releases, newsletters and other marketing materials for multiple companies and websites including HeidiEliason.com.
- Designing and developing training courses and manuals as an instructional design consultant.
- Working as a technical writer for a large utility company.
- Transcribing, drafting, and editing medical records and deposition summaries and court pleadings in medical malpractice and personal injury cases.
- Editing all of the above work product (I have a copy editing certificate, an instructional design certificate, and a social media marketing certificate).
Comments From Clients
“You were pivotal in extricating me from a hopeless author quagmire to a much better writing effort. You were incredibly helpful. I’m not sure anyone else could have helped me the way you did. I am so grateful. People who read the book later said they thought it was great, compared to early reviewers who struggled to find something kind to say. You have a true talent.”
— Rosanne S. McHenry, author of Trip Tales: From Family Camping to Life as a Ranger
“I really appreciate your help, guidance and expertise to make it even better for readers.”
— Angie McCourt, author of Love Your Gifts: Permission to Revolutionize Authenticity in the Workplace
“Thanks for all your efforts, I appreciate the care and effort that you invested. Everyone likes the modified title, too!”
— Matthew J. Kohn, author of the soon-to-be-published Tested: Adventures of an American Scientist in Pandemic China
“Thank you so much, Heidi! I really appreciate your work.”
— Stephanie Chandler, CEO of Authority Publishing and the Nonfiction Authors Association
“Heidi, thank you for your excellent editing. When the book is complete, I would like to hire you for the final draft.”
— Rhonda Lomeli
- Editorial Freelancers Association
- California Writers Club – Mt. Diablo Chapter
- Nonfiction Authors Association
- Sisters in Crime